Many of us actually don’t know the difference between a web designer and a web developer exactly?
So this article will expose you the differences between a web designer and a web developer.
Developers build the site essential structure using complex coding languages, and the designers are more focused on their User interface and make the design visually creative.
Developer use their programming skills to give breathe life into the designers creative vision. You can say a developer as a construction worker, and web designers as architectures. They both are important roles for building a website, but they both have the different skill sets.
Web designers are actually those who renovate an idea, or a story into a visually attractive design, they use their layout to build the user experience throughout the whole website. They designs the websites look and feel.
These are some of the main roles of a web designer:
- A web designer make sketches or a design layout of the website using software tools such as Photoshop, illustrator, In Design and many other more.
- A graphic designer must have good skills in graphic design and logo design.
- The designer must have a good taste for user experience, to identify the simplest approach possible to attain the desire function. And this includes the buttons, layout, images and the general format of the website.
- The branding of the website is the major factor which a designer must keep in mind. The readability of the website and the typography or color plates to be used.
- A designer need to keep himself/herself up to date with the latest design trends.
Web developers are those who turn the designs into a live website. They uses web languages and software tools to develop the functionality and the design of a website.
Developers are auxiliary categories into two sub categories
- Front-end Developer
- Back-end Developer
Back-end developers are those who control the server data and requests. If a website contains dynamic data then a website usually requires a back-end developer.
For suppose a user want to submit a form with personal data. Or want to save an article for your blog page. Mostly, if the website requires data to be saved, and making it reachable at a later stage. It means it would also need a database connection.
So, a back-end developer then uses server languages such as PHP or ASP.NET, and writes database queries by using languages such as SQL or MySQL.
Here are some of the main roles of a web developer:
- The actual interface build through which a user interacts with the website. This is built by front-end developer by using HTML, JS and CSS languages.
- The Markup design provided by front-end developer to back-end developer. And then they can implement a dynamic website, and submit all the required data on the server and database.
- Back-end developer create the base of the website using PHP and MySQL.
- Both front-end and back-end developers can use the same development environments or IDEs (Integrated Development Environment). These are software application tools where you code and build the structure of the website.
Marksol International’s Web Design and Development Services:
We provide innovative and creative web Services. Our expertise help to provide you best solutions in web design and cms and we know how important your web presence is to your organization, whether it’s commercial or not-for-profit. We experienced in all business including B2B, CMS, and online portals.
Marksol International use latest technology and advanced expertise in all of our projects, from small websites or blogs to complex database driven web applications. Our team are fully prepared in providing high-end solutions to help your business grow.